Sunday, June 21, 2009

Mudgee, Days 6 & 7 - Weekend Road-Trip

My parents came to visit me for the weekend after I couldn't stop raving to them on the phone every night about how gorgeous my little country town is! We went for a drive around the region into neighbouring townships - up to Gulgong, then down south to Lue, Rylstone and Kandos. I'm somewhat perplexed now as to why people choose to flock en masse in coastal cities leaving vasts of endless spaces inland largely uninhabited. Seriously? Country NSW is breath-takingly beautiful and relaxing; the winding roads, open fields, rolling hills... I'm going to feel a bit claustrophobic when I re-integrate back to the city in a week's time :-S Here are some pics from our trip:


















Oh, and my weekend wasn't totally med-free. Dr P called me at 11pm on Saturday night, telling me that he was going to do an emergency Caesar if I wanted to watch? I think I'm some sort of Caesar magnet - everytime I'm due to watch an NVD it turns into a Caesar. In between this placement and my overseas one last year, I've seen 10 Caesars to 1 NVD (well, to be honest I was on a surgical rotation last year and only ducked in to labour ward for an afternoon in the hope of seeing at least 1 NVD :-P). Anyway, it was still beautiful to watch last night, especially when the dad started crying. Awww *warm and fuzzy!*.

2 comments:

  1. Looks fun! And the food looks yummy, too!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the food was divine! I think I've put on 5kg since coming to Mudgee :-P

    ReplyDelete