Friday, June 26, 2009

Mudgee, Day 12 - One Last Drink


Last day in Mudgee :-( Dr P was going to be away today so I organised beforehand to spend my last day doing vampiring in the pathology room. I really think with some skills, it's just a matter of getting 50 or so under your belt, before you can rest easy and say, "I can do it" (note - 50 was just an arbitrary number that I've pulled out of nowhere but I'm sure there's been research done showing how many times are ideal). One thing I did notice today though (that I hadn't noticed before), is that I get nervous if the patient is nervous; and I'm consequently more likely to miss :-S They have a bed in the pathology room for people who look like they're "fainters" - I tended to just put anyone who was nervous on there because it relaxed them a bit. I don't know; it probably seems a bit excessive but I guess whatever is comfortable - for the patient and yourself - is ideal, right?

Anyway, off to pack my bags and have one last bubble bath in my killer spa tub. I can't really sleep because if I do then I won't wake up in time for my 6.30am bus, so I'm going to see the break of dawn in Mudgee watching DVDs. I'm down to my very last DVD; my all-time favourite movie, "Sleepless in Seattle". Shameful, I know :-P

* PS - needless to point out, but because some of you give me less credit for common-sense and ethics than you think I may have: YES, the patient's permission was granted to take and publish this photo.

2 comments:

  1. My mind is screaming to know: what is with that person's arms? Normal-looking hands; pasty-white arms.

    Glad you got so much out of the attachment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol... person's arm is that of a very eldery woman :-S I actually was a normally-looking arm (and note that there is only one arm and the thing adjacent to it is the pillow); I think my camera is just a bit weird!!

    Thanks for following my Mudgee posts - I really did enjoy the attachment and can't wait till next year :-D

    ReplyDelete