Monday, January 18, 2010

Catching up

This week, I sit my deferred exams. One on Wednesday, one on Friday. I'm scared. I don't want to fail. Presently, I have no other skills or useful qualifications that I can fall back on and I don't have it in me to repeat 2nd year. Okay, need to make myself feel better. If I fail, I am going to leave this God-forsaken degree and either:

1. Do a Masters of International Public Health and dedicate my time advocating for the implementation of public health programs that will save many more lives than I would have as a doctor anyway;

2. Do a BTeach and become a science teacher (children are the future, teach them well, watch them grow, blah, blah..); or

3. Become a pastry chef apprentice and eventually open up a cafe/bakery/cupcakery.

Feeling a bit better.

4 comments:

  1. Cross those bridges when you come to them - in the mean time, focus and keep calm! Fingers crossed everything will be okay, and if not - whatever you do, DON'T become a pastry chef :P

    Best wishes and thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be thinking of you on both Wednesday and Friday. Best of luck Sascha, may they be perfectly reasonable and completely repeated from last year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck. Fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey guys,

    Thank you so much for your kind comments! Got through the week and those dreaded exams. I can finally start my 2010 year like the rest of world!! Oh, and M&2S - they did turn out to be perfectly reasonsable and repeated about half the questions *high 5 sister!*

    ReplyDelete