Friday, January 22, 2010

2009 : A Series of Unfortunate Events - The Ending...

You're not going to believe this, but I will tell you what happened anyway. I was *so* looking forward to today - the day of my final exam for 2nd year Med, the day I can finally put the dramas of 2009 behind me and finally start my 2010 like everyone else has. I had grand plans for the upcoming week to make up for my missed holiday time. I'm not asking for much, I've come to appreciate the small things that are easy to take for granted - some peace of mind, wellness in health for myself and those around me, a bit of free head space to enjoy life without worry. I really just want a week of mental rejuvination before going at it again. But alas, life has happened again when I have least expected it.

This afternoon my dad got hit by a truck as he was crossing the street to return to work from his lunch break. He is alive and well. But OH MY GOD imagine the shock of my life when I turned on my mobile phone after finishing my exam, to get that dreaded phone call from St Vincent's Hospital. Oh my dear dear God.

Tonight is my last night of 2009, as far as my warped schedule is concerned. Tonight I will give it to them, to do what they like to me and my family in my final hours of 2009. I refuse to start my 2010 this way, so tonight I give you my final vent for my 2009. Stay tuned tomorrow for my 2010 agenda...

5 comments:

  1. Wow, you poor thing. Praying for and thinking of you guys. *Hugs*. If there is anything we can do...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry!
    Now that you have survived this year, you know that you can get through just about anything, right?
    I sincerely hope and pray that 2010 is better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dragonfly and Girl! I guess you can't have two bad years in a row, so the worst is over, right? Thanks for your well-wishes - 2010 will be a better year, I am determined :-D

    Ps - The Girl, I would love to read your blog (but understand your wish for privacy of course). If you're still allowing readers, I would love to be one :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOD! That's crazy. I hope your dad's okay. I hope you're okay. I hope things get better. Wow. Look after yourself and hope the year ahead is kinder to you and your family.

    x

    ReplyDelete