Friday, July 31, 2009

Control

Over the past few days I've been reassessing my approach to life and to what extent I feel I have command over the 24 hours that I have each day to use. Unfortunately, for some reason or another, it seems to me that things are heading in the way of the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics - in essence, that my life is becoming increasingly disorganised. There isn't one particular thing that I can use to illustrate this point; because it really is a combination of factors that are contributing to this down-ward spiral. When it comes down to it; the failure that I see on my part is lack of self-discipline. I've become quite accustomed to not having to account for the way that I'm spending my time (particularly since leaving high school all those years ago) and in particular, to the fact that I don't really owe anyone anything, as far as dedication of time spent. But of course, with this privilege, comes responsibility. So I want to start being a bit more responsible about how I'm spending my time.

Implications? Dedicating more time spent exercising, hanging out with the family, getting into healthier eating and sleeping habits.

I'm control-freak by nature... I feel like things are slipping. Let's see what I can do to stop that :-S

5 comments:

  1. Thanks D, thanks Andre! :-)

    ps - lol Andre, I've been trying so hard to keep some sort of anonymity on this blog... and then you use my name. le sigh! ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. We never saw anything.......:-)
    Actually, re the time management, the more I have to do and the more regimented my schedule has to be, the more I actually do things like reading non medical stuff for 10 minutes a day or exercising - because it makes me more productive. Then you get the lovely sorts saying things like "oh, I never read because I don't have time. Clearly, you have MUCH less to do than I do".

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true, D, so true! I find that if my weekend is packed, I really make an effort to get things done - whereas if I have nothing planned, I can easily waste my time sorting out what I'm going to do with it! All part of the education I suppose :-D

    ReplyDelete